Tuesday, March 3, 2009

E•Cho

I am a baaaaaaaaaad blogger.

Sometimes life just takes over though, you know?

Swimming in projects. I recently had a couple of absolutely painful experiences shipping telephones which have forced me to quit the telephone refurbishing/selling business. I might post photos later.

Luckily as my country's finances are turning down, mine are turning up, and I've been collecting amazing equipment for crazy prices thanks to Craigslist. In the photo is today's conquest, a Roland Space Echo RE-201. If you don't know what that is, it's like a delay pedal, except it uses actual magnetic tape.

It's in amazing operational condition, but it smells a bunch like smoke. I'm going to experiment tonight with isolating it with a lot of baking soda overnight to see what happens. The plan is to scrub the outside with baking soda and water, then seal it in a garbage bag along with a few tied fabric bags of baking soda, along with a bag or two inside the machine. Hopefully that'll do the trick.