Thursday, January 1, 2009

absence makes the heart grow


Sorry for the lack of updates, I have been taking care of my ill mother.

I won't get into details here (my livejournal has all that fun stuff), but a side effect of that has been finding some great stuff while digging through her belongings. She was something of a collector.

The other technician at the University is retiring, and I'll be filling both of our positions for the first few weeks of the next quarter, so I will be very very busy for awhile.

Picture is of a Proll-o-tone organ, my latest treasure from my mother's collection. Plastic instrument with plastic reeds, from a time during the war when metal for anything other than bullets was scarce. Like most toy instruments, it plays a diatonic C major scale (octave and a third).

No comments: