Saturday, August 22, 2009

epiphany

I find that with every device I work on for the first time (which is every one of them at some point, of course), there is a moment of epiphany where you suddenly know how the thing works. The Vox Jaguar is a relatively simple device, and that moment of epiphany came the moment I got a peek of the underside of the keyboard after unsticking the keybed from the bottom of the case.

This Jaguar took a tumble last night during setup for the first Spesus Christ show, but survived handily. The F# board has been a little funny, but I think I've got it ready to settle down and start a family.

Been working on guitars more, but of course neglecting my own instruments as a result; my bass went without a somewhat needed restring for the show last night, but it will soon get the attention it deserves. ta ta,

No comments: