Friday, November 28, 2008

acoustic 808


Between the show that's closing,
and the one I'm designing,
a sleep one does not visit me now.

Just closed a production of Tongues put on at work involving a 10 point soundsystem with hidden speakers in the audience, microphones hidden in the lobby, accordion and conch shells, dancers in wheelchairs, and four playback devices. Whew! Now it's on to a production of Peter Pan, which thankfully only involves a 4 or 5 point soundsystem... although one of those points is an actual onstage radio. It also involves a pirate ship and flying, of course...

I'm very excited to finally be stocking my online shop selling refurbished vintage telephones: smallbell.etsy.com. It's been quite a process, and I would have liked to have been a little earlier with it (with the holiday shopping season and all), but I think I'm doing pretty well.

Falls Protocol entered the recording studio about a week ago, and hammered through 40 minutes worth of drum, bass and guitar tracks (although much of the guitar will be replaced later). The next session will be more off the wall, likely including brass, accordion, and lots of fun electronics.

Pic is of our engineer's Yamaha board. Later...

No comments: