Wednesday, October 20, 2010

tiny things

The amount of love that the good old DMG-01 has gotten recently is pleasantly astounding. Some wonderful shops exist making custom parts for their repair and modification, and a lot of great free info is available online. Here's some pieces I've put together. I've already made some changes since these photos were taken...

There's some great music being made on this old 8bit gear out there. The J. Arthur Keenes Band and NESMetal immediately come to mind. I may or may not also have some stuff in the works...

Tiny things and also large things. Re-wiring the beautiful old rooms at the music building at the unviersity to take audio again. End result will be 60+ balanced channels traversing our major rehearsal and recording rooms, plus ethernet and speaker connectivity. The panels are in and we're installing stuff. It's very satisfying to return functionality to these facilities, let me tell you.

2 comments:

Ape Shit said...

Man, the translucent red gameboy sure looks incredible with those buttons. Makes me want to make another one. Maybe I'll try blue this time.

Matt Payne said...

Yeah man, I thought you might like that. You really did a great job on the dying of that one. If you try blue, let me know how it comes out and what your process is - I've got a clearboy sitting around now waiting for some magic. :)